Snapdragon provides public affairs, public relations, copy writing, and social media services to the Business Centre Association (BCA). We support the BCA in raising its profile among politicians and policymakers, monitoring and influencing relevant legislation, and contributing to government and select committee consultations.
In the past year, Snapdragon has undertaken a number of activities to support the BCA in its public affairs campaign:
- Monitoring of the progress of the Enterprise Bill, and representation to the Public Bill committee considering it in coordination with other stakeholder groups such as Gerald Eve.
- Submission of a Budget submission representation to HM Treasury outlining key BCA asks for 2016.
- Briefings on changes to Permitted Development Rights after meetings with Department for Communities and Local Government.
- Regular blog pieces on political issues, to supplement BCA commentary.
- Representations to Government about the business rates revaluation
This programme is ongoing, but thus far has helped raise the profile of the BCA amongst policymakers and will continue to do so.